Use of club field mornings of 16th & 17th May 2018 ‘Wingtra’ Demonstration

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Martin Lynn
      Keymaster

I have been contacted by representatives from ‘wingtra’ (link below)

https://www.wingtra.com/

to see if they could use our field on the mornings of Wednesday 16th and possibly Thursday 17th May 2018, to test and demonstrate the VTOL ‘wingtra’ aircraft.

It is indirectly linked to the Huddersfield masters students, we have helped recently and in the past.

The flying would not affect any normal club flying and they needed a decision.

I have provisionally told them, subject to any strong views against it, that they can use the field. I will be there on both days to ensure there are no problems.

Club members are welcome to come along and see the aircraft in action.

I will put any updates or further details on here.

Martin Lynn,
        DDMAC Membership Secretary.

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Martin Lynn.
        Martin Lynn
        Keymaster

The company have done the flight testing today and will not be coming tomorrow, as they have completed what they wanted to do. Thank you to Jim Brown and Kevin Smith for coming down and giving me a hand.

The aircraft is made in Switzerland and is an interesting but expensive piece of kit.

It comes ready to fly with batteries, storage cases, transmitter and accessorises. The control software is installed on the flight control board  and a camera of your choice from their camera range, already fitted.

They cost between £20,000.00 and  £30,000.00 depending on exactly what you order. I thought the club might buy one next year.

Martin.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.