DDMAC Members Cabin Security

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Martin Lynn
      Keymaster

The security on the members cabin (one with the chairs in), at the DDMAC flying field has now been changed. The combination lock has been replaced, with a high security, key operated padlock and metal security padlock housing.

The original lock that came with the security padlock housing, has been replaced with a better lock which we can obtain replacement keys for and we can replace the lock barrel if needed. This means members keys would still work if we had to replace the lock barrel and members would not have to buy another key. We could not do this with the original lock and it was proving difficult to get any keys cut (the key blanks were not available).

Unfortunately, these types of locks do not come cheap and the keys are expensive to get cut. I am going to fit the new lock on Tuesday 22nd May 2018, around midday.

I have a number of keys that members can buy, if they want a key to gain access to the cabin. The keys will be £5.00 each. If a member leaves the club and returns the key the £5.00 will be refunded.

If you want to buy a key, please let me know.

Martin Lynn,
        DDMAC Membership Secretary.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Martin Lynn.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.