CLUB SECURITY IMPROVEMENTS

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

We are going to have to make some security changes

Have agreed with Dave from the compound he is going to fit a numbers lock on the main entrance gate  details to follow

I have sourced a bolt on container cover with lock approx. £70.00 will discuss this with members before purchase. This would mean us going to a key system which each member requesting a key would pay the key cutting cost

found a company that sell toilet flushing unit to replace the broken one. Will repair door lock tomorrow and remove broken flusher. Will discuss with members before purchase of new unit

Again we are looking for a small solar panel this time it will not be mounted external but brought out as and when we use the container unless anyone as other ideas. I will bring a 250 watt panel from Norfolk and lay it flat on the roof unconnected for a reasonable period of time to test the viability of connecting it at a later date

Ideas to catch the culprits on c c t v would be welcome, to put a dummy camera above the container just producing a red light seems pointless and would only intimidate the vandals. (ideas please for a working unit to fit behind the door and the camera looking out through a small hole in the door)

Any further ideas would be more than welcome as I think security has to be a priority from now on as we have been targeted a number of times Dave’s compound as also been entered and various items stolen.

Regards

JE

Martin Lynn
        Keymaster

I have put the field and cabin security, as an agenda item, for discussion at the next club meeting on Thursday 10th May 2018.

As above, John has some ideas for some possible solutions. I have priced up some locks and keys but what ever we choose to do, there are going to be some cost implications to make the flying site, cabins and toilet etc as secure and safe as we can.

It is up to the membership to decide what they want to do. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please let us know or come along to the meeting and have your say.

Martin Lynn,
          DDMAC Membership Secretary.

Anonymous

The porta loo toilet pump has been removed. This was taken to our resident engineer Al baby who as fitted new handle the unit will be replaced tomorrow. Brought back memories of being up to my elbows in the proverbial. Loo door straightened and temporary internal catch fitted and seat made safe. As for the lock for the cabin I have just ordered a new lock cover and lock with five keys. If its ok with everyone going to look on line a cheap solar panel has the big batteries are now connected together ready for charging lipo,s etc

Anonymous

In case anyone is wondering, this evening I have removed the old smashed up solar panel that was on the ground next to the cabins.  I’ve had a quick look to see if it can be rescued, but the toughened glass is bonded to the solar panel itself, making it virtually impossible to remove without damaging the panel or yourself.  If anyone else wants to have a go at fixing it, let me know, otherwise it’s going to the tip next time I go.

Simon

Anonymous

I have tested the solar panel Simon its virtually dead wouldn’t waste any time on it I left so at some time I can take the frame off it may come in for something else

Anonymous

The portable toilet is fixed and working.
                  Still looking fo a solar panel if anyone knows someone with a cheap one for sale let me know

Anonymous

Members cabin is now fitted with a new lock

at the moment I have a key Simon and Dan also , we will be cutting approx 20 keys for distribution .

once we have a price for each key that is what you will be asked to pay.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.