Another successful attempt

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      247rememberme
      Keymaster

Today at the field Neil Saxton successfully pasted his BMFA FW A test.Neil flew the test very confidently and I had no hesitation in passing him.

Neil flew his first solo flights whilst I was still at the field and looked to be thoroughly enjoying himself,well done Mr S.

Anonymous

Well done Neil. Knew you could do it.

Anonymous

Well done Neil .

Martin Lynn
            Keymaster

Well done to Neil. Another one ticked off the list. We only have 31 members now, who do not have an ‘A’ certificate of any sort. I think its time for me to pack in the tuition and let someone else rattle through the other 31.

Martin.

Anonymous

Well done Neil, but i’ve got to say you’ve had some good people teaching you.

Andrew.

247rememberme
                Keymaster

If any of the 31 are close to taking an A test Martin i am at the field most weekends and are happy to conduct any test.

Anonymous

Any chance you could take me for my A test Darren!!

Andrew.

Anonymous

Well done Neil. Knew you would get there soon.Ā  Bob. B.

Anonymous

If you want to take it again Andrew, I’m sure Darren as A.C.E. and I could get your original pass from 2016 cancelled as a mistake!!!! šŸ˜€

Martin Lynn
                        Keymaster

Andrew, this is for you to practice with your new Sebart aircraft.

Cā€™ CERTIFICATE (AEROBATICS) Check List
                          (a) Carry out pre-flight checks as required by the BMFA Safety Codes,
                          including fail-safe
                          (b) Take off and join the circuit in appropriate direction for the conditions.
                          (c) Perform a slow roll in either direction.
                          (d) Fly Inverted straight flight for a minimum of 5 seconds at
                          approximately 30 feet with one roll from inverted to inverted.
                          (e) Perform an inverted 2 Ā½ turn spin, exit to inverted.
                          (f) Perform a square loop with Ā½ roll on both vertical legs.
                          (g) Stall turn with Ā¼ rolls on the ascent and decent, exit upright. Stall
                          turn to be done with underside of model towards the pilot.
                          (h) Select and perform seven manoeuvres from the list below.
                          (1) Knife-edge flight in either direction, below 30 feet, for at least 4
                          seconds or longer at the discretion of the examiner.
                          (2) Cuban 16 with half and full rolls.
                          (3) Hourglass with half roll in top line.
                          (4) Two consecutive outside square loops, from the bottom.
                          (5) Double stall turn, entry and exit inverted.
                          (6) Inverted rectangular figure of eight at a constant height, no more
                          than 50 ft
                          (7) Pull to vertical, one vertical roll up, push to vertical down, one vertical
                          roll down, pull to upright level flight.
                          (8) Double avalanche. Two consecutive inside loops, each with positive
                          snap roll at the top.
                          (9) Knife edge 45 degree climb with one positive snap roll from knife
                          edge to knife edge in either direction.
                          (10) Rolling Circle.
                          (i) Perform a landing circuit appropriate to the site and conditions.
                          (j) Perform a landing, wheels to touch within 5 metres of a pre-set point.
                          (k) Complete post-flight checks as required by the BMFA Safety Codes.
                          (l) Answer satisfactorily during the interview, showing depth of
                          knowledge about model flying and safety

Viewing 4 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.