Welcome to Dewsbury & District Model Aero Club
DDMAC was founded in September 1966 for people who liked to build and fly model aircraft. Today the members mainly fly radio controlled aircraft which are powered by two and four stroke glow engines, petrol engines or electric power. The club is traditionally a fixed wing club, with members flying trainers, sports, gliders, scale, semi scale and aerobatic models. There are a number of members who also fly helicopters and multi rotor aircraft, but fixed wing remains the main hub of the club.
DDMAC is affiliated to The British Model Flying Association (BMFA).
Club Affiliation Number 0390.
The club is based at Sands Lane Dewsbury, in West Yorkshire, just outside Dewsbury town centre. The club has about 100 members, with abilities ranging from complete beginner to expert competition winner. Club instructors are available for any potential new members looking for advice, guidance and tuition.
For further details about joining the club and the current membership subscriptions, please check the club membership page.
DDMAC & Other Events Calendar
Local Model Shops
- Tuesday Afternoon Tuition & Advice Sessions
- Next DDMAC Monthly Meeting
- UPDATE ON EASA REGULATIONS FOR UNMANNED AIRCRAFT
- New BMFA Membership Portal
- Notice of DDMAC 2018 AGM Thursday 13th December
- DDMAC 2018 Annual Christmas Dinner Friday 14th December
- Indoor Flying (BMFA Northern Area Events) Shelley College Huddersfield 2018/2019
- BMFA Full Council Meeting Update Proposed Subs for 2019 & Safety Updates